This afternoon we checked out Adventure Brewing Company here in Stafford, Virginia. It is a brand new microbrewery that just opened this May. We ordered a beer flight and enjoyed it out of a holder shaped like a canoe!
The beers were, from left to right:
1. Backpack Wheat – I’m not typically a big wheat beer fan but the beer was smooth and nice on a crisp day like we experienced today.
2. Expedition IPA – Smooth IPA with great caramel color.
3. Hops infused Expedition IPA – too many hops for my liking, but a very unique idea. If you like hops, this is the beer for you! See below for more on this beer.
4. Stiletto Stout – My favorite. Great chocolate and coffee flavors.
5. Wicked Nymph Stout – I liked this one a lot as well. Definitely a beer you would want something to eat with due to the high alcohol content.
For more detailed descriptions of the beers, see the menu image below.
Adventure is just getting off the ground but there was already a lively crowd there. The crew opened up the large doors to the warehouse where the brewery is housed and it allowed for a cool breeze to enter the establishment!
There were a number of beers available to try including an IPA that was directly infused with fresh hops. The group had purchased an apparatus from Dogfish Head up in Delaware that allowed for beer to be moved into a glass container where hops, orange peels, or the like could be infused, then the beer could be moved to a second glass container where the foam head could bubble off. It was definitely a unique setup I had not seen before.
Here is a listing of the beers we tried:
I met one of the owners named Stan Johnson. He was very friendly and full of information. He let me know big things are on the horizon from the company including a Blueberry Wheat, a Brown Ale, and a Bacon Beer! You will definitely want to check those out!
Anyways, if you are local, I would recommend checking this place out! Don’t forget to visit the food truck on-site to complement your beer! They had a BBQ truck on-site today! Too bad we had just eaten lunch and I was too stuffed to eat more! I came close though, as I love BBQ!
Here is a link to their website and their address is the following:
33 Perchwood Drive, Stafford, Virginia 22405.
Be sure to visit and say hello!