I am pleased and honored to announce that I have been presented the Liebster Award by The Darkest Raven. I would encourage all my readers to check out Raven’s blog as it is full of insightful and thought-provoking poetry.
This award is very special to me because I believe the highest honor that can be bestowed on us is by our peers. Thank you to The Darkest Raven for nominating me and thank you to all my readers for your support, encouragement, and comments.
As part of the stipulation of accepting my award, I am required to answer the following questions so you can learn more about me!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love writing and wanted an outlet to share my narratives and poems.
2. What inspired or influenced you to write?
I’ve always loved writing but did not become serious until I went through my divorce. I found writing to be a means to deal with my feelings in a positive way. I’ve actually written about this topic.
3. What are three things you can’t live without?
My iPod, iced tea, and the weight room.
4. What (other) talents do you have?
I’m not sure. That’s for others to decide. I feel like I excel at a number of things but I am not especially talented at any one skill set.
If I have to pick something, I guess I would say I can get a knot out of just about anything including shoe laces and jewelry. It might take a while but I can always get it worked out.
5. What is your favorite post you’ve written?
Oh, this is difficult. I would have to say Trouble and Trouble, Again. I put these up very early in the life of the blog and I don’t think a lot of people discovered them. Stay tuned for more from Trouble…
6. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
My biological paternal grandfather. He was killed during World War II when his ship, the USS Spence, went down in the Pacific Theatre on December 18, 1944, during a typhoon.
7. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Oh, that would be amazing. To be honest, my life wouldn’t be much different than it is now. I’d write and hit the gym. I also love to learn so I would like to learn how to really work on cars (see question 9), how to flip houses, and just way too many other things to list. I’d also love to explore all the historical points of interest in my local area.
8. What has been your biggest challenge?
Learning, and accepting, that sometimes things just don’t work out in life even though we may give our absolute best.
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? And why?
I’d love to restore a 1967 Ford Mustang. I’ve always wanted one and doing the work myself would be rewarding. I just need time and money – something I have neither of right now.
10. What makes you smile?
Accomplishment, achieving goals, and helping people.
11. What is your most memorable moment in your life?
Any moment when I have been able to help someone else.
I am also required to provide 11 random facts about me as part of the stipulation of this award.
1. I love coffee ice cream but don’t drink coffee.
2. I prefer cats to dogs.
3. I love jigsaw puzzles.
4. I would consider myself a loner and spend a lot of time by myself. People are surprised at that.
5. I took my father to see the band The Eagles play in 2008. I will always treasure that moment.
6. I learned the hard way you can’t change people.
7. I love iced tea.
8. My first job was working in a local restaurant. It was a valuable experience.
9. I learned to drive on a 1988 Isuzu Pup by going to practice at a dump.
10. I still have my original Nintendo – and it still works!
11. My favorite song is “Main Street” by Bob Seger.
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award and would encourage everyone to check them out!
A fun blog about musings, poems, and comical life ancedotes.
A blog featuring poems with amazing accompanying artwork as well as short stories. This blog inspired me to add visuals to my pieces and showed me how they could really enhance them.
A blog about musings and perspectives of life and change that really resonates with me.
If you choose to accept my nomination, then YOU must follow these rules:
1) Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog that nominated you.
2) Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your blog.
3) Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
4) Answer the 11 questions posed to you by the person who nominated you.
5) List 11 random facts about yourself.
6) Nominate and link to 3—11 other blogs you enjoy that have less than 3000 followers.
7) List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
8) Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are your questions nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What inspired or influence you to write initially?
3. Why did you choose the name of your blog?
4. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
5. What is your greatest achievement?
6. What has been your biggest challenge?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. What is your dream?
9. How do you want to be remembered by people?
10. What did you want to be when you grew up?
11. What is your favorite post on your blog and why? (Be sure to link to it so we can check it out!)